Expert Friendly Advice & Bookings
Call 1800 800 722 or (07) 333 78 555
|Cook Islands Fiji Lord Howe Island New Caledonia Niue Norfolk Island Samoa Tahiti Tonga Vanuatu||
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS – FULL VERSION INCLUDING GROUPS
The following conditions should be read carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which bookings are undertaken. By paying a deposit we understand that you have read and accept these conditions.
These are the current terms and conditions and replace any other terms or conditions previously published. Spacifica Travel act in good faith however terms and conditions may change within the validity period. For the most current up to date versions agents and passengers should refer to our website at www.spacificatravel.com.
1. How To Make A Booking: Call one of our specialist consultants who will assist you in making a reservation. Please note that all reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. All verbal quotes are accurate estimates of the price and are valid for 7 days. Written advice of the price is provided on confirmation of the reservation.
2. General Conditions: Spacifica Travel act as an agent only for the airline, accommodation, tour and transportation companies providing services. Some events are beyond our control and we accept no liability caused directly or indirectly by such, including, but not limited to: war, terrorism, civil disturbance, fire, floods, acts of God, and acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action. Additionally, we make no representation as to the safety or conditions that any destination offers.
Whilst acting in good faith we are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by suppliers involved in your travel booking, some of which limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. We do not accept responsibility for injury, inconvenience, loss, damages, and delay to persons or property, or for related expenses on the part of employees, agents or individuals providing travel service. Furthermore we do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage, delay, injury, and inconvenience or for any related expense for any omission, error or any misleading statement or information contained in this brochure. The issuance and acceptance of any tickets, service vouchers or exchange orders is deemed as passenger consent to these conditions.
It may be necessary for airline/port/government agencies to search you and/or your luggage and goods. Airline operators reserve the right to deny boarding or to disembark any person in possession of illicit substances.
When passengers themselves make own arrangements for portions of their holiday in conjunction with an Spacifica Travel holiday, they should ensure the chosen means of transport is scheduled to adequately connect with Spacifica Travel arrangements, and that we are made aware at the time of the reservation. We will not be held responsible for any unforeseen circumstances that necessitate any changes to your travel arrangements
Passengers with disabilities or requiring assistance should advise us at the time of reservation. Most suppliers have certain facilities available for people with disabilities or who require assistance. Please ask for details of such facilities if you have any special needs.
3. Travel Documents, Visas and Health: When required, Each passenger must possess a passport with at least 6 months validity beyond the date of return, and be familiar with visa requirements, taking responsibility for obtaining all entry, exit, re-entry, health and other documents required by laws, regulations, orders, demands or requirements of the countries visited or transited. We cannot accept responsibility for failure to have correct travel information. Travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website: http://www.smartraveller.gov.au Passengers should also be familiar with health requirements and the DFAT website also has a section on Travel Health or passengers can seek advice from their doctor.
4.1 Payments by Direct Deposits or Electronic Funds Transfer: Payments to Wave Hospitality Group Pty Ltd Client Funds Trust Account, NAB Brisbane : BSB 084-004 A/C NO. 553775164 Cleared funds are required for ticketing, please factor in an extra 3 working days for transfers between banking systems.
4.2 Payments by Credit Card: The prices shown on flyers, brochures and website are for payments by cash. Additional Credit Card Service Fees will be applied to the dollar amount paid by credit or charge card. Our scale of these fees will be: Visa and MasterCard 1.5%; American Express and Diners Card 3%. Fees apply to the total invoiced amount and added to the booking at time of payment.
4.3 Payments by Cheque: Payments to Wave Hospitality Group Pty Ltd Client Funds Trust Account, Please post to Spacifica Travel, GPO Box 1973, Brisbane, Qld, 4001. Cleared funds are required for ticketing, please factor in an extra 7 working days for transfers between banking systems. Payment of special airfares cannot be paid by cheque.
5.1 Prices: Any quote is an estimate only of price, which will be subject to availability and to written advice on confirmation of all travel components. Group prices quoted are net, based on a group of 20 or more persons travelling on the same service. Quoted details will appear on the confirmation/invoice provided and in your documentation. Prices may change at any time up until departure and do not include meals, airport transfers, and sightseeing tours unless stated. They also exclude personal expenditure such as insurance, laundry, telephone calls, emergency evacuation costs, drinks, excess baggage, passport, visa fees, gratuities, and travel costs in Australia to the point of international departure.
5. 2 Price concessions for Group Tours: For the 21st passenger we generally provide a place free of charge but please note that this excludes the taxes and levies controlled by the airline, government or airport authorities. For groups over 40 passengers a second place free of charge is not automatic and subject to application.
6. Price Validity: In published flyers or brochures validity date ranges may vary from brochure to brochure - if in doubt please check that the brochure you are planning from is current. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars, based on foreign currency tariffs and taxes published as at the quote issue date. If foreign currency rates were to fluctuate, then a re-costing may be necessary. Prices are valid for travel as specified and are indicative only based on per person per night assuming twin share unless otherwise stated. Special offers are released frequently but may change without notice please ask for the latest special flyers or visit our website at www.spacificatravel.com.
7.1 Deposit For Packaged Holidays: For bookings made more than 30 days before departure a deposit of $200 per person plus any applicable Airfare is required within 3 days of written confirmation. For bookings within 30 days of departure, full payment is required within 24 hours of written confirmation. Special airfares may also have ticketing deadlines requiring immediate full payment. If for any reason the deposit is not received by the due date we reserve the right to cancel the booking as hotels, resorts and suppliers may impose strict deposit and booking terms. A deposit holds services requested but does not guarantee prices. Booking details will be sent to the travel agent and they shall on receipt of passenger monies, hold them until the booking is confirmed, at which time, the monies shall be promptly remitted to us.
7.2 Deposits For Group Bookings: For all destinations a non-refundable deposit of $300 per person is payable 100 days prior to departure, subject to any variations suppliers may impose.
8.1 Balance Of Payment For Packaged Holidays: The final balance of payment will be confirmed at the time of booking however in general the balance of payment is due 45 days prior to departure. If for any reason the balance of monies is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and apply the deposit against cancellation fees and other charges incurred on the passenger's behalf.
8.2 Balance Of Payment For Group Holidays: The final balance of payment will be confirmed at the time of booking however in general the balance of payment is due 70 days prior to departure. If for any reason the balance of monies is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and apply the deposit against cancellation fees and other charges incurred on the passenger's behalf.
9. Amendment And Re-issue Fees: A fee of $40 per file may be payable for changes made after a booking has been confirmed and will apply once a deposit is paid. Once documents have been issued, the $40 amendment fee applies plus any re-issue charges applied by airlines or suppliers. Re-issue means altering an existing booking, not a transfer to another package wherein cancellation fees may apply. (see 14.1).
After deposit Loss of Deposit $200 per person and any fees levied by airlines and suppliers
After balance of payment $300 per person and any fees levied by airlines and suppliers
10.2 Cancellations Group Holidays: Cancellation requests must be received in writing by post or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge, but please note we apply reasonable professional service fees, plus any charge levied by suppliers, which can be up to 100% depending on each supplier’s rules.
For individual passengers on a group tour cancellation fees will be as follows:
Outside 90 days prior to departure: $300 per passenger
90-46 days prior to departure: $300 per passenger plus loss of deposit fees levied by airlines & suppliers
45-00 days prior to departure 100% of the cost
Any taxes that you have pre-paid may be refundable
11. Cancellations and Changes Made By Suppliers: At times circumstance beyond our control may mean we have to change a booking, (eg: if an airline changes its schedules or if a hotel overbooks). If the changes result in your holiday costing more or otherwise being materially different from that contemplated prior to the changes being effected, and we have already accepted your deposit or balance payment; you have the right to ask for a rearrangement or to withdraw from the holiday. We will apply a $25 per passenger amendment fee to cover our professional services plus any charges levied by suppliers. The balance of monies will be refunded less these amounts.
12. Refunds: Once the reservation we have booked for you commences, no refunds can be made for any unused services whether by choice or circumstance.
13. Passenger Names and Contacts: Spacifica Travel require the following details for booking: full name and gender as appears in passport, date of birth, passport number, place of issue and expiry date and a telephone number or address where passengers can be reached if necessary within 24 hrs prior to departure.
It is the passenger's responsibility that these details are recorded correctly. Name changes after a booking will incur amendment fees and may also mean having to cancel the original booking and the resultant loss of the airline seat/s.
Any request for name or initial changes after documents have been issued has the same risks and also attracts ticket re-issue charges. All groups must provide a rooming list with above details at time of payment of final monies.
14.1 Airlines: In addition to these booking conditions Airlines also provide additional detailed travel conditions with their paper or e-tickets. Spacifica Travel will base our costs and invoices on airfare classes as per the quote provided and/or the advice from the Travel Agent of the bookings and classes held. In the event that the rules for the airfare booked by the Travel Agent has a ticketing deadline, it is the responsibility of the travel agent to notify Spacifica Travel of the ticketing deadline and to arrange payment in time for the ticketing conditions to be met. If the conditions of the airfares used have not been followed, or inaccurate information has been supplied, Spacifica Travel reserve the right to pass on to the agent any additional charge by the airline.
14.2 Air Only Bookings: A service fee of $25 per booking will be applied.
15. Baggage: Please check baggage allowances applied by airlines, cruise companies and coach operators prior to travel. Baggage allowances vary depending on the airline and destination.
16. Taxes and Levies: Legislation requires us to collect from you the taxes and levies controlled by the airline, government or airport authorities. These costs may change without notice at any time up until departure. Full payment of your holiday does not exempt you from implementation of additional charges outside of our control. We will offer advice in this regard, but regret we do not control, nor will we be held responsible for any government's taxes, levies and airport charges.
All Australian and foreign country departure taxes that are payable prior to departure will be shown on your airline ticket. Some countries charge departure tax upon departure and some airports charge a small Airport Improvement fee which must be paid at that airport on departure.
17. Privacy Laws: The client acknowledges that he/she will provide us from time to time with information about the client of a personal nature (“Personal Information”). The client consents to us using any personal information for the purposes of making and completing airline bookings and travel related arrangements on behalf of the client. Spacifica Travel will only discuss booking information with the passengers or their Travel Agent.
18. Travel Insurance: It is a condition of sale of our holidays that passengers are offered their choice of adequate travel insurance for their protection. Some island destinations can be subject to aircraft diversions in extreme weather conditions or other circumstances, which can cause major disruption to schedules. Passengers electing not to take Travel Insurance need to advise us of this and accept responsibility for their own costs or losses sustained in the event the travel arrangements are disrupted. Note that in many cases, cancellation costs may be claimed against your insurance.
19. Website and Brochure: The product descriptions, maps and images of accommodation and services in our current Website and Brochures are based on information provided by tourist offices, hotels and suppliers. The facilities are subject to change at any time and we do not guarantee the standard, class, or fitness for purpose of that accommodation or service. Maps are shown for general information and may not reflect actual locations or services provided. Images show geographic areas, but are not necessarily included in the holiday. Hotel room images are representative only; actual rooms occupied may vary in décor and inclusions.
20. Travel Compensation Fund: Spacifica Travel is a member of the Australian Travel Compensation Fund (TCF). TCF is a fund administered by a regulatory body established by government to give passengers financial protection in the event of a member's failure. Spacifica Travel clients can have confidence that the Company meets the strict financial criteria necessary for participation in the TCF.
21. Not Happy?: If you are dissatisfied with an aspect of your holiday it is vital that you advise the supplier’s duty manager (not just reception or tour guide) of your dissatisfaction and they will try to solve the problem for you on the spot. If unable to get satisfaction from management you should immediately notify Spacifica Travel, preferably in writing, stating your reasons, and we will act immediately to assist you. Upon return, any complaint should be put in writing to Spacifica Travel within 10 days together with supporting documentation. Our Norfolk Island clients should contact 54400 whilst on the island for immediate assistance
|Special holidays to especial places||For Expert Friendly Advice Call 1800 800 722 or (07) 333 78 555|